PRP therapy is one of several regenerative medicine treatments that encourage natural regrowth of damaged or destroyed tissue. It can be used to effectively treat a wide range of injuries and conditions. This article is all about PRP therapy – what it is, how it works, and what it can treat.
What is PRP Therapy?
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Therapy is a regenerative medicine treatment method that helps stimulate natural tissue regrowth. Here’s a brief breakdown of how the PRP process works:
- The patient has a small sample of blood drawn.
- That blood is put through a centrifuge that separates out the plasma from the other elements of the blood.
- The platelet-rich plasma solution is then re-injected into the patient’s body at the treatment site.
- These blood platelets go to work immediately to repair damaged tissue and stimulate regrowth in the area.
What can PRP Treat?
PRP can effectively treat a wide range of conditions and injuries. Here are a handful of conditions and injuries that PRP therapy can be an effective treatment option for:
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Repetitive stress injuries like tennis elbow
- And more.
Contact a physician who specializes in regenerative medicine to see if you are a good candidate for PRP therapy.
Minnesota Stem Cell Medicine Clinic
At Central Medical Clinic, we work with patients throughout the Twin Cities to find solutions for the pain they’re experiencing. As a board-certified addiction and pain medicine physician, Dr. Morales has the experience and skillset to diagnose and treat your pain. If your pain is disrupting your day-to-day routine, don’t just suffer through it – take action to manage your pain! Stem cell therapies offer an effective alternative to surgery. Contact us today at Central Medical Clinic in St. Paul to set up your appointment with our team and get back on the road to a pain-free life!